Efficiently analyze, design, and create structural drawings of the gravity load-resisting members for all your steel building projects, regardless of the size or complexity. Save time and money by automating the most tedious, repetitive and time-consuming project tasks. You can focus on the more critical aspects of design and provide a superior and more economical solution to your client. Increase your productivity with RAM Steel’s efficient computation of tributary loads to all members and reduction of live loads in accordance with applicable building codes. Quickly design your steel composite and non-composite beams, steel joists and joist girders, castellated and cellular beams, steel columns, and base plates for every level in a structure.
- Design and analyze structural models
- Quickly model your entire structure, including decks, slabs, slab edges and openings, beams, columns, walls, braces, spread and continuous footings, and pile caps. Efficiently automate many of your time-consuming design and analysis tasks and produce practical system and component designs that document ready.
- Design to international standards
- Extend the reach of your business practice and take advantage of global design opportunities by using a wide range of international standards and specifications in our design products. Complete your designs with confidence thanks to the extensive support of international standards.
- Generate design loads and load combinations
- Apply code-prescribed wind and seismic loads to the structure using built-in load generators. Calculate relevant loading parameters automatically based on the structural geometry, mass, and selected building code provisions without the need for separate hand calculations. Combine these lateral load cases with gravity and other types of loads using load combination generators.
- Produce structural design documentation
- Generate structural design documents including necessary plans and elevations that are used to convey the design intent. Changes made to the 3D model are automatically updated in the documentation.
- Share structural models
- Transfer structural model geometry and design results from one application to another and synchronizes changes over time. Quickly share the structural model, drawings, and information with the entire team for review.